The Movie Project by Karin Hofko

.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

48 hours screening

This is the final 48 hours contribution for 2010.
I am very happy with the result – BIG thanks to the actors!

Unfortunately we did not win anything, but to be honest, I thought the short might potentially be disqualified for not delivering the genre well enough... in the end it got screened in the Academy cinema and a lot of people watched it.


Here are some comments from the 48hours website.
Slightly puzzled responses really :)


Review by 590896825@facebookMichael Cannon Miller on April 22nd, 2010
Less of a time travel film and more of a tone poem. This film was done in an avant garde way where the director organized a series of visually interesting shots, poem recitations and invterviews. I don't believe there is a particular narrative that's discernible to the audience but some of the stop-motion effect shots look particularly cool and I believe there is a joke at the end about the circular nature of time travel. Something to look upon and think about.


Review by kizzlemizzlebizzle on April 24th, 2010

A serious piece where people talk about their interactions with, seemingly, the same person, intercut with poetry readings.

To be honest, I didn’t really get this film. Partly because I switched off about two thirds of the way through, but in their defence, I’m a bit of a cretan. I liked the opening sequence with the jump cuts of the girl giving flirtive glances to the camera. And I liked the stop-motion effect used during the poetry readings, gave a very surreal feel to them. Also I thought the acting was very good. Sorry I wasn’t paying attention.

Review by Lambshank on April 26th, 2010
Just didn't get this one. I was interested when the girl had a box of unrelated strange items and I wanted to learn more about that incident but it didn't go anywhere. Neat mirror effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment